ABA Therapy Resources
The following is a brief, alphabetical list of resources pertaining to the field of autism and Insurance coverage. Most are professional organizations that provide information in areas such as research, screening, diagnosis, and treatment. Although BuildnCare Therapy does not endorse one site over another, we are confident these will provide you with a strong starting point in researching information related to autism and ABA Therapy Resources.
Autism Speaks has grown into the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families ABA Therapy Resources.
ABA Therapy Resources for families with Autism in New York, New Jersey And Illinois.
New Jersey Insurance Coverage for Autism
BuildnCare is in network with BCBSNJ. Aetna
Advocating with Your Employer
BNC supports advocacy efforts to improve insurance coverage for autism nationally, such as those led by Autism Speaks.
Resources for advocating with your employer’s benefits department include:
- Puzzle Ribbon Project — advocacy group assisting parents to find other parents and advocates within self-funded plan organizations
- List of known companies with self funded insurance plans providing autism benefit
- Article on Benefits Advocacy from Workforce Management Magazine (Nov 2010)
- National Autism Council Standards Report on evidence based therapy
Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Per the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the Affordable Care Act:
- Ends Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions for Children: Health plans can no longer limit or deny benefits to children under 19 due to a pre-existing condition.
- Ends Lifetime Limits on Coverage: Lifetime limits on most benefits are banned for all new health insurance plans.
- Reviews Premium Increases: Insurance companies must now publicly justify any unreasonable rate hikes.
- Helps You Get the Most from Your Premium Dollars: Your premium dollars must be spent primarily on health care – not administrative costs.
An analysis of ACA by Autism Speaks, a large advocacy organization, can be found at: http://www.autismspeaks.org/advocacy/federal/affordable%20care%20act
The Health and Human Services review of ACA can be found at: http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/rights/index.html
ABA Therapy Resources